This is always a party favorite. It serves 12. An absolute crowd pleaser!
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup brown sugar
6 Cortland apples, peeled and sliced
6 McIntosh apples, peeled and sliced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1.With the rack in the lowest position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
1.In a bowl, combine the oats, flour, and brown sugar. Add the butter and stir to combine. Set aside.
1.In another bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon. Add the apples and lemon juice and stir to combine. 2.Spoon into a 20-cm (8-inch) square baking dish. Cover with the topping. Bake for about 50 minutes. Let cool. 3.Serve warm or at room temperature. Delicious with vanilla ice cream.
DESSERT OF YOUR CHOICE
So here is a great easy dessert recipe that is perfect! With the little cups you get just enough sweetness without overdoing! Yummy!
First of all, to make it even easier this is a must to buy: store-bought chocolate cups. You serve the chocolate mousse in it! You can always put it in any cup but this is so cute:)
This recipe makes 4 servings
-3 oz (85 g) semisweet chocolate, chopped
-1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream
-1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
1- Place chocolate in large bowl. In saucepan, bring cream just to boil; pour over chocolate, whisking until smooth. Whisk in vanilla.
2- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until thickened and chilled.
3- Using electric mixer, beat chocolate mixture until soft peaks form. Spoon into dessert dishes.
This is easy and it looks like you worked so hard and it is just so good!
-4-5 Chocolate bars that already have almonds (Hershey's is a good choice)
-25-20 Miniature marshmallows (or big ones that you cut up into tiny pieces)
-1/2 cup of dried raisins
-1/3 cup of milk Chocolate (whatever you like)
-1/4 cup of plain white chocolate
1- Melt all the chocolate together except for the white. Melt the white in a different container
2- Mix in the marshmallows and raisins with the chocolate and put it in a pan lined with parchment paper or foil paper. Spread it out about 1/4 inch thick.
3- Once the chocolate is spread out take the while and drizzle it on top in swirls and the use a butter knife to make the swirls more pronounced.
4-Put it in the fridge until it hardens (It can take about an hour)
5-Cut into pieces and enjoy!
What is great with this is you can add more chocolate, more ingredients. You can use other dried fruits like cranberries. You can put whatever you like! It is fun and everyone loves chocolate!
-4 large eggs, at room temperature
-1 cup granulated sugar
-1 cup milk, at room temperature
-1 cup oil (corn, vegetable or canola is fine)
-2 cups all-purpose flour
-1/3 teaspoon vanilla powder (Or just vanilla extract)
-1 tablespoon baking powder
-2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder (make sure it is not very bitter and dark zebra patterns won’t stand out with light cocoa powder)
- 9 inch (23 cm) non-stick round cake pan
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Beat until the mixture is creamy and light in color
2. Add milk and oil, and continue beating until well blended.
3. In a separate bowl, combine and mix flour, vanilla powder (or vanillla in the liquid mix) and baking powder. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and beat just until the batter is smooth and the dry ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
4. Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions. Keep one portion plain. Add cocoa powder into another and mix well.
5. Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
6. Lightly grease the pan with oil.
7. The most important part is assembling the cake batter in a baking pan. This is what you do. Scoop with a ladle the plain mix into the middle of the baking pan. Then scoop another ladle of the cocoa batter and pour it in the center on top of the plain batter.
IMPORTANT! Do not stop and wait until the previous batter spreads - KEEP GOING! Do not spread the batter or tilt the pan to distribute the mixture. It will spread by itself and fill the pan gradually. Continue alternating the batters until you finish them.
8. Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes. Do not open the oven door at least the first 20 minutes or the cake will shrink and will not rise. Iinsert a toothpick into the center to see if ready. It should come out clean when ready. Remove from the oven. Immediately run a small thin knife around the inside of the pan to loosen the cake, then invert the cake onto a cooking rack. Turn the cake back over and let cool. You can sprinkle the top of the cake with some powdered (confectioner’s) sugar or leave it plain.
These are so yummy and they are so easy to make. I personally do not like coconuts, so I made these for hubby and children. When I tasted them I fell in love! So good. Give them a try!
-2 egg whites, at room temperature
-1 pinch salt
-1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
-3/4 cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
-3-1/2 cups (875 mL) sweetened shredded coconut
-4 oz (113 g) bittersweet chocolate, melted
1- Line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
2- In bowl, beat egg whites with salt until foamy; beat in vanilla. Beat in sugar, 2 tbsp (25 mL) at a time, until stiff peaks.
3- Fold (mix do not beat) in coconut.
4- Place 1 tbsp (15 mL), 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart, onto prepared pan. Bake in centre of 325°F (160°C) oven until edges are golden, 18 minutes. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes; transfer to racks and let cool.
You do not have to put the chocolate at all. That is how my family likes them:)
Cookies can be stored for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 1 month.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream or flavor of your choice, softened
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter; cook and stir until sugar is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in cracker crumbs.
- Place half of crumb mixture in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. dish.
- Carefully spread ice cream over crumbs (pan will be full).
- Sprinkle with remaining crumbs; gently press down.
- Cover and freeze until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before cutting.
- May be frozen for up to 2 months.
Labels: Ice Cream
- 1 (10 inch) angel food cake
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 (18 ounce) jar strawberry glaze
- Crumble the cake into a 9x13 inch dish.
- In a medium bowl, cream cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Mash the cake down with your hands and spread the cream cheese mixture over the cake.
- In a bowl, combine strawberries and glaze until strawberries are evenly coated. Spread over cream cheese layer. Chill until serving.