- 2 Granny smith apples, peeled and sliced thinly
- 4 tbs. uncooked, instant oatmeal
- 1 tbs. flour
- 2 tbs. butter
- 1-2 tbs. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- Easy! Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Start cooking the apples in the butter in a small saucepan. Right after the butter has melted, add in the brown sugar -- you'll want to add enough so that a bit of a syrup is formed. Also add in the cinammon and nutmeg. If you want more flavor, feel free to add in a pinch more of both.
- Let the apples cook at medium/low heat for about 5-10 minutes, or until softened, but not too mushy, stiring constantly. Set the apples aside.
- Next, mix together the oatmeal and flour in a small bowl. Take very small bits of butter, and rub it into the mixture with your hands, until the flour starts to get small clumps in it.
- Now, put your apple mixture in a small, flat baking dish. Cover it up with the oatmeal mixture. Finally, place a few very teensy pats of butter over the top of the oatmeal mixture (this is to help the oatmeal crisp up).
- Put it in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the oatmeal starts to brown. Let cool for a moment and enjoy!
Can be topped with whipped cream or ice cream too.