- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups oats
- 1 ½ cups raisins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Cream together butter, sugars, egg, water and vanilla using electric mixer at medium speed. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, soda and cinnamon. Add to creamed mixture, mixing on low speed until blended. Stir in oats and raisins.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons full onto greased baking sheets. Press them flat if you want a crisp cookie, or leave them rounded if you like a chewier cookie.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes only until edges of cookies are golden brown.