- 1 pound frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 store-bought angel-food cake
- 16-ounce container fat-free or full-fat Greek yogurt
- Place the strawberries and sugar in a saucepan. Heat gently until the strawberries are soft and the sugar has dissolved.
- Allow the juices to reduce slightly, until they have the consistency of a thin syrup. Let cool.
- Tear fist-sized pieces from the angel-food cake and use them to line the bottom of a large, clear bowl or trifle dish.
- Cover with a layer of Greek yogurt and a layer of strawberries in syrup, filling in any holes in the previous layer.
- Add another layer of cake and continue building until all the ingredients have been used, ending with a few spoonfuls of yogurt and strawberries as a garnish.