- 6 cups apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine, chilled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.)
- In a large bowl, combine apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, white sugar and 1/2 cup baking mix. Stir together the milk and eggs and mix into apple mixture, Pour filling into pie plate and dot with butter.
- To make the Topping: In a large bowl, combine 1 cup baking mix, walnuts, brown sugar and margarine. Mix until crumbly and sprinkle over top of apples.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until apples are cooked and topping is golden brown.